-
July 26th, 2000, 02:10 AM
#1
Inactive Member
-
July 27th, 2000, 07:42 PM
#2
Inactive Member
A 20-60whp difference! Wow I'm sold. The DC header is out of my mind. Hello Hi-tech once again. I wonder is having a 2.25-2.50 exhaust with high flow cat will get the same approx. hp gains?
------------------
Mike Marsey
'98 ITR #0717
Supercharged!
-
July 27th, 2000, 07:43 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Yeah..... Mild.
Would have never guessed there would be that dramatic of a differance.
------------------
95 GSR
JRSC @ 11lbs, Dry Manifold NOS (Track), DC Header, Nakayama Intake, Brospeed Exhuast, RC 310cc injectors, Holley Pump, STR rail, Hyper R, B&M oil cooler, MSD6BTM, Blaster coil, MSD Cap, ACT 6 puck, Baer 13" Kit, Slotted/Xdrilled rear, Stainless lines, M/T for the track, blah, blah, blah......
*** Going to TOO for a complete motor and blower rebuild. (8/00)
229hp
185 ftlbs w/o juice
-
July 27th, 2000, 10:06 PM
#4
Inactive Member
I still value Larrys information BUT you must keep in mind that these differences are seen with DOUBLE the boost of what most guys here are running at most. With less boost certain headers might not help as much or at all.
-
July 27th, 2000, 10:51 PM
#5
Inactive Member
It would have been nice to see how the stock manifold did.
-
July 28th, 2000, 12:57 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Amen BurntGSR. I immediately thought that. Probably b/c of the meager gains with the DC 4-1, which I have. I was hoping for better results with it, even though just about everyone here says it is a P.O.S. I just want a little qualification so I don't fell so bad for putting it on. I sure would hate to shell out $300 or so for a new header just to make up a few ponies.
------------------
94 Civic Coupe/LS Hybrid
AEM CAI
DC 4-1 Ceramic Header
Random Technology Cat
GReddy PE exhaust
Magnacore 8.5mm Wires
MSD 6AL
Skunkworks Coilovers
ACT 6 Puck
Turbo Convert
Supercharger on the way? It is now!!!!
-
July 28th, 2000, 01:31 AM
#7
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fastfour:
Amen BurntGSR. I immediately thought that. Probably b/c of the meager gains with the DC 4-1, which I have. I was hoping for better results with it, even though just about everyone here says it is a P.O.S.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I suspect if you tried to run a normally asipirated car with that hit-tech header(with all the usual all motor stuff), it would be a P.O.S compared to your 4-1.
T.O.O. has said before that headers that work well on blown cars don't necessarily work well at all on na cars. (and I'm sure vice versa)
-
July 28th, 2000, 01:51 AM
#8
Inactive Member
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks